Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Exciting news!!!!

A surprise email appeared this morning, one for my bleary eyes to see and pop right open! Now I was wide awake! I received a note from Emma Williams, Managing Director for Schmap Guides (click to see website)

Here's part of the email below...
:: Schmap: Toronto Photo Short-list

Hi Renee,

I am writing to let you know that one of your photos has been short-listed for inclusion in the sixth edition of our Schmap Toronto Guide, to be published at the end of this month.

YES! I was so excited though I confess I had absolutely zero idea what it meant (laugh), nor any idea of the photo chosen for inclusion in the sixth edition of the Toronto Schmap Guide. A quick check was in order using the link provided to grant permission for my photo inclusion. There is no remuneration for my photo inclusion, just the pleasure of helping out tourists with the new edition. After I previewed the photo chosen, I realized it wasn't the best I'd ever taken, but nevertheless, I have to admit a big wide smile has not left my face today yet! HA! Just a nice warm fuzzy to bless me this day.

And just for the record, here's the photo I snapped, the one I took during the recent trip to Quebec with my girls in October. You can see parts of our trip both HERE and HERE. (...and yes, I never did upload my final part of this trip, a to-do on my list that keeps moving to the bottom, soon, soon....)

The FAIRMONT Royal York Hotel - Toronto, Canada