Friday, June 10, 2011

23 / 52 weeks


52 weeks of daily life in pictures: trials and celebrations,
the extraordinary and mundane -- 

whatever is unique to the week. 

 
Join me if you like.




** Now you see them, and then just like that - they are now all gone! 

Sweet pink blossoms came out to wink at us last week, blossoms not yet seen before. How beautiful it was to find floral visits in the garden the past while, such a fleeting and exquisite moment to behold


Soccer! 

At last I was able to attend our son's soccer game, thankfully for me it was a make-up game for a rain and thunder storm cancellation.

Here we are, on the front line ready for the referees to yell; "Game on!" 

Both of our children who are playing soccer this season are thoroughly enjoying every bit of the team sport, and lucky for us they have fabulous coaches, who make everything (ie; two parents at two separate fields, at the same time, on the same day each week) worth it.


** These sweet children were sitting in front of us shortly after the May crowning procession. They were so precious, little gals in veils and the little boy in a wee little tie, I couldn't resist snapping this photo with my iphone from behind. 

Greeted shortly after by my daughter's "look", something akin to "Mother! You're embarrassing me!".... I am still smiling over this particular photo.


** A special birthday gift inside of birthday card, this was the order requested when I recently hit the Starbucks near us for a caffeine quencher. Yes, quencher. My kind of liquid the past few weeks, just stick an intravenous in my arm please....


** The big moment finally arrived, and here I am all decked out in my fine attire and "Fascinator" created by the hands of my beautiful niece. She read I was going to opt to wear one for my upcoming "Royal Tea", as I'm seriously not a hat person. In no time at all she contacted me and offered her services, and what a spectacular job she did! 

My dear Stephanie, "I love it", "I wore it", and "It was a big hit!".... Love to you for blessing me with this beautiful floral fascinator, complete with ribbons and white fluffy ostrich feathers. 

I'm simply delighted to be able to call it mine now. Thank you!  



A lovely collage most likely will not even come close to capturing the great event enjoyed by all. It was splendid indeed celebrating the Royal wedding of William and Kate.
 

** I do believe the sign above is rare in the modern world. I found this recently of all places, on a gaming store where my son went to browse a few "Lord of the Rings" minifigures, a place where he and some friends like to browse to find various items they are collecting. It was such a surprise to note the door before entering, I just had to take this photo.


** More paper crafting; This was a butterfly and french script background scene, embossed to create pizzazz and sparkle. 

The photo of the card above simply doesn't at all do it justice, but nevertheless you just have to trust me that it's a hit and we'll be making a few more using this fun layout this summer. I just love how it turned out.


** The first horse show of the season, this was a photo I snapped of our daughter and her coach shortly after completing one of her course divisions.


Not only was her coach offering superb tips and rendering much confidence for a less stressed day, she too was riding and competing which brought a whole new element to both our very excited girls.


We were able to cheer her on, the roles reversed, and I had much fun snapping photos of her too.


** Getting to the water's edge comes naturally this time of year, and it's very enjoyable to promenade around the boardwalks near to the bay while viewing all of the vessels parked there.


** I took these photos two weeks ago and forgot to post them, it's been such a tardy season for the tulip over here this year. Aren't these just gorgeous?

Apparently there's a history with them, as they were a gift from Holland many years ago now, and yet they continue to bloom onward.


** A good day to be outdoors, there was zero humidity during this cool, crisp spring day. We were loving it!


** Our angelic sounding birdie sings tunes for us daily, hovering near to the bird house on the back deck. 

The wee baby birdies have now hatched since the weekend, and the singing sounds like an entire choir instead of just a solo. It's very sweet to watch the lilting head and hear the harmony while seating nearby.


** Sneaking into the back, I simply had to have a photo of the now snuffed out pascal candle. 

Each year when a brand new pascal candle is hoisted up in to position on the altar, I feel an unexplained type of hopeful blessing just from its mere Easter liturgical season presence. When it becomes snuffed out, it's also a happy time, mostly representing many additional and thought provoking emotions. I'm so pleased the altar servers didn't mind me snapping this photo.


** They're back! Oh my, they ARE back! You know that red bush above with the tiny little pink flowers? It's now completely bare, as all the leaves were gobbled up by these creeping bothersome crawlers.

These are the horrible, silky web makers called; "Tent Caterpillars". Our area is infested with them, a seemingly biyearly event I've been told has no real cure for a good riddance.

The province of Ontario motioned to ban all pesticides and herbicides several years back, so even ant killer is under lock and key at your local store.

Each day we note where some may be dining, and with gardening snippers in hand, we rid the parts of the leafy branches by burning or zipping in plastic bags to get rid of them.


** Wow, there is nothing quite like weed whacking in the front area of the garden, and having these things fall from the trees while hanging on to their stringy spider like webs and then land in your hair. I've never worked so fast to complete that job in my life! ick. 

(So, did that make you want to scratch your head? LOL)



** Sometimes there are those moments in life when a heart grows weary and dropping on to one's knees seems the only logical answer for finding the necessary grace to move onward after a prayer request has been divulged.

There are definite heavy heart moments appearing the past few weeks, honored to be petitioning heaven and praying for at this time. Sending bouquets of great love to all those who know I'm always here - for them...

"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield."

~ Psalm 5: 11-12







Head on over to Barbara's to check out the invitation to join the