Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas from our family to yours


 Merry Christmas! 

I realize at this time of year, many people can become irritable with the busyness of the Christmas season. 

I really wondered about life's nuisances when simply attempting a family photo. First there was the tripod which wasn't connecting to my camera well, and then as a quick solution, I had to ask our youngest son to fetch the step ladder from the basement. 

From the platform base near the top step of the ladder, I was able to safely perch my camera there, about a foot from the opening of the steps behind it. 


Ladder platform out-takes
 

As my led window has been out of commission for a year, I was having incredible difficulty trying to look through the tiny viewing lens a foot away from my chin before setting the camera to timed mode, what I needed to run back to my chair (pant, pant, pant) and smile before the flash blinded us. 

I watched my hubby grow terribly impatient with my "tilted photo attempts", saying things like; 

"Forget this, let's have birthday cake". AND; "We can do this later". 

In my mind I began to wonder, why was he being so difficult? Little did I know, there was a new camera waiting for me to unwrap. *smiling now as I type this*

So, we'll try this again soon, another family photo attempt will be in the near future.


Happy New Year and many blessings to you and yours in 2012. 

With love to you;
Renee