Tuesday, March 02, 2010

March!



MARCH
by; Emily Dickinson


Dear March, come in!
How glad I am!
I looked for you before.
Put down your hat -
You must have walked -
Dear March, how are you?
And the rest?
Did you leave Nature well?
Oh, March, come right upstairs with me,
I have so much to tell.



March
  • - I love March.
  • - I was married in March, 33 years ago this Friday. And I still find my husband just as scrumptious as I did when he was still only my boyfriend all those years ago. *blush*
  • - It's Lent during March, but it wasn't in the first week of March the year we were married, thank goodness. :) We feasted then and still will all these years later. Soon, soon, soon, only three more sleeps until then!
  • - Speaking of Lent, what better way to observe it, to see God's handiwork all around us, even if last weekend it was another gorgeous dump of white snow. I really like it when it snows like that myself. And we had 2 1/2 feet of snow fall over last weekend! :)
  • - I love March because of the promise of spring sure to come right around the corner.
  • - I love that daylight savings time is near, days will become even longer. It was still light outdoors just before 7pm last evening and it's now light out earlier in the morning.
  • - Many feasts are about to visit our way - including celebrations in honor of the patron Saint of Canada - why St. Joseph of course. And then there's the return of a drive through pick up for shamrock shakes all around in honor of St. Patrick. Oh yes, there are others about to occur, and boy oh boy, do we ever love to celebrate and honor feasts and events in our family.
  • - March - a time when everyone seems perkier, a wee bit happier when those darker days of winter fall behind along with the grumpies.
  • - March, a time to make plans for spring and we are doing that, checking our airmiles and waiting for more to show up from last month's new earnings.