Saturday, February 02, 2013

Candlemas


Candlemas - February 2nd

If Candlemas Day be fair and bright
Winter will have another fight.
If Candlemas Day brings cloud and rain,
Winter won't come again.
If Candlemas Day be dry and fair,
The half o the winter's to come and mair;
If Candlemas Day be wet and foul,
The half o the winter's gane at Yule.

  

A daughter brought home another flu bug, this time the 24 hour throwing up kind. 

She was down yesterday, baby was whisked away and tended to, and then three more were down overnight, including our grandbaby.  Poor thing!

I love my new washer and dryer!

I'm serving my family, all those sickies quarantined to their bedrooms.

I'm wearing a surgical mask to protect my husband on his weekend pass from being an inpatient at respiratory rehabilitation. He "cannot" get sick! Cannot!

I'm disinfecting as fast and as often as I can.

I'm shoveling snow after several snow squalls, around walkways and decks.

I'm thankful that I'm not down yet, thanks to plenty of garlic, probiotics, homeopathics, and a great glass of red wine! 

Hoping your day was great, and all your candle supply has been renewed and blessed...
~ Renee
.............

All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle  
...Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words.”

~ St. Francis of Assisi