Friday, February 02, 2007

Sunset views

Happy Candlemas Day today!

"If Candlemas be fair and bright,
Winter will take another flight.
If Candlemas brings clouds and rain,
Winter will not come again."


Fair and bright;
view from my window tonight!


This was the view out my bedroom window tonight, a glimpse of the sun blasting its light on us shortly after a sudden blustery snow squall crept up, and had us a bit concerned for a while with wind speeds at high intervals.

Truly, the sun always comes out later on, reminding us God is in full control. I was sent the prayer below today, one I found very special to find in my email box. I thought to share it with you here too, hoping you find it as special as I did.



Prayer for Peace of Mind

O Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in You, hoping for all things
from Your goodness.

You make a root flourish beneath the soil; You

can make fruitful the darkness in which I find myself today.

I adore You in all Your purposes even without knowing them; Your will be

done, not mine.

May I be patient!


It is so difficult to realize that these trials, heartbreaking as they are, can be turned into

blessings.

Lord, give me the peace of mind, peace of heart, and peace

of soul, as I offer You my thoughts, my words and my action, and yes
Lord, my sufferings.

May they all be for Your greater glory.


Amen