Saturday, February 12, 2011

A birthday party; it's all in the details

" Mom, Can I decorate the dining room for my birthday this year?"

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"Streamers, balloons, and some other small details. And I would like to do it all by myself."


Okay then. 

That's really what she said to me, and she was serious, and organized, and feeling extra crafty as her birthday and pony pals club meeting fast approached.


 I had to contain myself a few times while noting this horse just hanging here. It looks like a stork delivery to me. :)


Streamers were wrapped around each chair.


My Roman, or maybe they're Greek pillars, well they were wrapped in blue too.

I've always enjoyed encouraging our children to create their own table centerpieces. We've had some real originals around here folks. 

So, what's a horse crazy party without a horse in the dead center of the table, used as the theme centerpiece? 

Because after all, having a BLUE theme included represents her chosen personal color theme for her accessories at the barn, and if this had a horse theme, it was to reflect her color preference there.

At least I think that's what she said, and meant for it to be ...

Oh, and she set out BLUE candles, for added ambiance to the meal.


And gold stars sprinkled about just like fairy dusting.


It's all in the details is what she said to me, and I believe she did a mighty fine job of it all.
But wait! There's much more to come!