Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Advent #6



A family favorite feast day

Feast days are plentiful during the month of December and Advent becomes even richer when remembering them in our days.

A family favorite feast day


Several years ago we made our own clay ornaments featuring pictorial reminders of the feast days of Advent.

When I pulled them out this year, rather than hang them on the tree when we hoist it up later in Advent, or on its own designated "feast day smaller tree" as we have before (the children each made their own ornaments and have their own small tree to decorate with them), I chose to rest mine upon my Ikea white tree, the one where I also hang up my brass Jesse tree ornaments.


With the Jesse tree ornaments hanging side by side with our feast day ones, it has become a blend of Salvation history and Liturgical combined. I rather like the look of them so far.


More Jesse tree readings and feast days are still yet to come, so this tree will appear a bit more colorful over time. As a result of a trial display, I think I will continue this little blend of items through this Advent and again next year.

It brings a smile to my face every time I look at it!