Friday, December 18, 2009

Ten Things I'm Thankful For


Time for another installment of my
"Ten Things" to be thankful for, always varied, always random bits in no particular order. Included are photos, just because I am a hopeless visual type of person and I happen to find it my preference to include a bit of eye candy throughout the post. Well, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :)

Please know for certain that my own personal thoughts on true thankfulness can obviously never be offered, nor delivered in true completeness within one simple post.
And in case you just might find it interesting and want even more today, you can always skip along to view other "thankful" posts by clicking onto the archives located - right HERE.


1 - I'm thankful for these four children of ours shown in the photo above over a year ago now when we first purchased this new home and a huge imminent move began to sink in for everyone.

After one very long and tough year, they are feeling like me, like we've finally "arrived". Breathing a sigh of relief, yes, we've indeed - finally arrived.

Thank you family and friends for all your loving support, prayers and cheery notes and telephone chats to keep us focused on the reason for our journey here.


-2- I'm thankful for continuous and sweet reminders of the season. St. Nicholas not only paid us a visit and filled a few shoes near the fireplace, he blessed us in all of our endeavors during the same timing.


- 3 - I'm thankful for crazy horse love, still ever-present in this house. Our ten year old daughter has been hired out for her first job. Yes, she attends the barn up the road every Saturday with five other gals from her lesson class. Their instructor is grooming these gals for the summer and welcomes their enthusiasm and love of all things horse.

The gals (both younger ones and the older teens, plus the ladies who are there for the same reasons) are eager to clean the barn stalls before their lesson together, groom horses, have their lesson and then ride more horses.

Since there are no longer active trail rides each day to the public, the instructor wishes her horses ridden every day, no matter. Over Christmas, all the girls want to get to the barn as much as possible because even more new stalls are now open for boarding more horses. Yippee they all say, more stalls to clean. LOL


- 4 - I'm thankful for the Olympics hosted by Vancouver in 2010, our former forever home and stomping grounds. Thinking we'll get out there to meet our new grandbabe about then and take in some of the festivities.

The gloves above are the other side of the picture shown a while back, the one showing a maple leaf on the underside. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the gloves. What a way to get into the Olympic spirit. After all these years of getting prepared and geared up, they are just around the corner.


- 5 - I'm thankful for not only winter season upon us and all things for the love of snow and bright-cheery, I'm also thankful for yet another super fun season of snowmobilers, and alternative transportation. I found a company who will allow us the use of their snowmobiles for a trail ride. My hand is WAY UP to try this sport.


- 6 - I'm thankful for dear, lifelong friends who grace me with their wonderful thoughtfulness when I could use a boost most. Thank you Terrie, my sweet childhood friend! I am wearing the angel pin always, and have very much enjoyed the other goodies you sent along. Love to you!


- 7 - I'm thankful for the return of our winter morning fruit shakes. There's nothing like an icy cold and very yummy blueberry/strawberry protein shake, banana or other fruit additions, or not. I could live off of this stuff and there are surely a few dittos over here on that statement.


- 8 - I'm thankful for feathery friends who still come to call. Recently we've had many of these rose grosbeaks, flickers, woodpeckers and morning doves. The stellar jays are becoming pesky when attempting to choo the others away, but then there have been a few lingering and loitering squirrels about they chase away at the same time. Let's keep the feed for these birds.


- 9 - I'm thankful for SNOW! Yes .... SNOW! Woohoooooooooooo........ bring it on ! There is nothing quite so refreshing as a fresh snowfall, the ones with the sunny blue skies offering everyone a "happy lift" day after day. Never before while living in the west would I have exclaimed this, but here in the east, I LOVE the winters here.


- 10 - I'm thankful for little reminders around our home to offer sincere reflection over what is important in life. I love my little sheep located in various spots.

My sheep recognize my voice. I know them, and they follow me."

~ John 10:27