Sunday, March 16, 2008

In honor of a few feast days....


We're really enjoying the "Fenestrae Fidei" coloring book, companion to Cay Gibson's wonderful "Catholic Mosaic" ; Living the liturgical year literature book study guide.

The children have been busy coloring this weekend, first St. Joseph, the Patron Saint of Canada and Families for his feast day today (normally on March 19) , and also of St. Patrick in honor of his feast day tomorrow.



O blessed Joseph,
faithful guardian of my Redeemer,
Jesus Christ,
protector

of thy chaste spouse,
the virgin Mother of God,
I choose thee this day to

be my special patron
and advocate and I firmly resolve
to honor thee all
the days of my life.

Therefore I humbly beseech thee
to receive me as thy
client,
to instruct me in every doubt,
to comfort me in every affliction,

to obtain for me and for all
the knowledge and love
of the Heart of Jesus,

and finally to defend and protect me
at the hour of my death.

Amen