Saturday, April 10, 2010

Trip to Vancouver, B.C.


Okay, true confession time.

Vancouver Airport - B.C.

I gave a few hints on this blog about gathering with the rest of our family out west.

We did in fact fly to the host city of the 2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver, B.C. where we ourselves resided before moving "east".

Vancouver - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics

Myself and three of our gang living here flew west ahead of my husband and one son for a total visitation timing of twelve whole days! Yay! They followed behind after a hockey tournament four days later and all returned home on the same flight this past week.

Having a few extra days was actually perfect for me since I've usually flown on business the past few trips. Normally my timing is all too short, leaving me the mere bookend of a weekend at best. So this time, I/We were all ready for a whole lot more.

Our family has not been able to make such a trip all at one time for almost three years. It was time. No, it was overdue actually because our four children here in the east have all but forgotten much of their roots, especially rubbing shoulders with their big family and grandparents out west, all at one time.

(Psst..That is my husband's painting in the background)

Oh yes, they soon found where there are siblings and nieces/nephews, there are good times, lots of gatherings and many hugs and kisses awaiting them.



It seemed when family gathered over the course of our trip, there were many opportunities for stealing kisses from wee ones around every corner and copious amounts of affection shown every time a familiar face came to call for yet another hug.


Grandchildren came to sit on my knee often, and our sweet newest bundle lay in my arms as often as I could steal her from another. (grin) Yes, I had to share, but then, we were all in dire need of loving these family members once more.


While I was over there, I continued to pray for Tracy and her new baby boy, and about the fact that I, like her, was finally meeting a wee one, (though mine is a little older), my newest Grandbabydoll - face to face.

And I thought about Charlotte and her recent announcement.

Congratulations to both of you and yours! How blessed we all are!



Highlights were many over the course of the next two weeks, including two birthday celebrations and plenty of catching up with loved ones, both family and friends.


It was the perfect time of the liturgical year to be able to attend all of the Palm Sunday through Holy Week celebrations, including Easter Sunday - all were so spiritually uplifting and reverently beautiful.

Alleluia! He is Risen!


Returning back home again this week, we are hoping for a grand finale to the dreaded jet lag and loss of three hours from time zone changes. Wow, we've been dragging fairly well this past few days, surely there is a light at the end of the tunnel. grin

Yes, he was born and raised in British Columbia!
(That is until we moved east)


I hope you don't mind me sharing our trip with you, my blog world family and friends (especially our family out west), as I have many posts about to explode with postdated timing, complete with a plethora of photos and their accompanying story telling notations.

Stay tuned, here they come....