Thursday, May 20, 2010

Coming Up Pansies


I just love this time of year when an abundance of pansies await lucky patrons of garden centers!


They offer such vivid and vibrant colors to our gardens, an annual plant we are delighted to revisit with this time of year.

Pansies are delicate to the touch, yet hardy enough to include in our outdoor gardens and potted planters. But those colors...who can resist them? Will I buy just one, or a whole flat with many of them?


Delicious sensory overload hits me as I walk up and down the aisles of pansy displays, thinking of this year's possibilities for incorporating this display of incredible beauty into our home and garden.

I am tempted as always, to find a way for preserving the explosion of color in my sight, hoping to keep their cheery offerings forever.


Just as in all good things, they arrive in due time, and we are thankful they've come again.

We are blessed with pansies only in summer in these geographical parts of the world. And then, they disappear until their next seasonal arrival when snowy winters have once again passed.



Trying to find inspiration in nature, pansy nature that is, I decided to try my hand at recreating a few this week by way of my card making.

I THRILLED and so in love with the way they turned out!


All from using a butterfly punch!


Today, high temperatures of 95 degrees have been predicted. It's been so lovely all week, temps hovering around in the eighties, lots of sun and time out in the garden.

I think I'll head outdoors and snip a few pansy floral heads off the bunch and get them into my flower press - to save for later.