Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I bind unto myself today...


The strong Name of the Trinity,
By invocation of the same, 
The Three in One and One in Three.




 There it was, begging for a new home in the floral shop window as we passed by. After making our purchase, the woman there told my daughter and I it is a hearty weed in Ireland, so fitting for standing the test of time. Knowing it was abundantly available for St. Patrick's usage all those years ago when teaching about the Trinity to convert Pagans to Christianity seems fitting. 

Reminders are everywhere in Ireland? 
Gotta love this weed...


I just love my shamrock plant sitting on our kitchen table.

 

For the first time in two years, alas we found Shamrock shakes available for us today!


And a little brain food (they say, not me), was fully appreciated with our tea this afternoon.



I bind unto myself the Name, 

The strong Name of the Trinity; 
By invocation of the same. 
The Three in One, and One in Three, 
Of Whom all nature hath creation, 
Eternal Father, Spirit, Word: 
Praise to the Lord of my salvation, 
Salvation is of Christ the Lord.

~ St. Patrick of Ireland
(condensed from St. Patrick's Breastplate prayer)


I hope your feast day was terrific...



P.S. if you received a post from me with no title and only one photo, that would be when the lightning storm knocked out our satelitte reception and I lost control over having a post published that wasn't ready. Oh, the joy of living in the country. No high speed for us! At least not yet. boohoo...