Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Summertime Photography: 22



Summertime often produces a rarity of these special treats shown in the photos below. Our local dollar store offers a bundle of seven of those multicolored and ever timeless - "Tootsie Roll Lollipops" for... yep, only one dollar. I like to tuck a bundle away for a family outing or roadtrip every now and then, slipping them into my bag or cooler to offer all a special treat.

Sure ice cream is grand too in summertime, but heh, these suckers are irresistibly delightful. My favorite is a bright candy red one like the one my son is sporting in his hand above. I can vividly recall as a little girl loving the instant lipstick this particular color produced for the girls in the neighborhood, just as red we used to confess as running a bright red smartie all over our lips and staining them to lipstick perfection. We felt a distinguished afterward while walking about the neighborhood, rosy red lips to boot. Oh the joy of childhood memories.

Now that I'm all grown up (grin), ever notice how these very same timeless lollies can turn any adult into a kid again in an instant flash. Just ask my husband....

He loves them too. His favorite though is purple.