Saturday, June 26, 2010

those faddish toys ...

It hit me this week after watching another round of "Toy Story 1 & 2" with the family, remembering all of those crazy children's toy fads over the years. What boomer baby doesn't recall many of the toys in these films with fond affection anyway?



Many of the toys highlighted in these films immediately warmed my heart and my husband's for we either owned some of them during our own youthful years, or we still have them in hanging around in our home today.


There have been all sorts of faddish toys that have crossed the thresholds of our doorways over the years, many of them providing hours of play for our children, before such a time as the desire and interest eventually nearly all but disappears.

Most of all, it becomes a reminder for parents to "have patience" with all the continued newer toy fads, those both present currently and for those yet to come, which might roll in through our doors when our children use their own money and insist the purchase is such a great playtime investment (grinning).


Question then; Do you have a Zuzu in your home? Not a real one like this one we saw at the zoo recently;



But one like this?


I just can't figure this one out. Funny though. It may become a beloved item found in an antique store one day.

Were you aware this cute little furry thing can race around on the floor and make multiple noises in any given moment? Like a guinea pig for one, but a cow, and other assorted animal noises? Yes, this one I just can't quite yet figure out myself.

And after rewatching "Toy Story's 1 & 2" with our family, it really hit home that a toy wasn't well loved unless it was labeled and marked with the owner's name in black felt pen. Well? Did you know that too?

Guess what I see happening here?


Now onward toward a matinee viewing of "Toy Story 3" up ahead.

Shhhh, don't tell me!

I already heard I will need a tissue or two, for a parent thing or such reasoning.

Meanwhile, I think I might dig out that bin of wooden tinker toys, and stand Buzz and Woody's pals within them for a time before going off to see it. Maybe I'll even take a picture. Or a few of them. :)

How about you? Have you seen the part three yet yourself?

Shhhh, don't tell me yet.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Blessings;
Renee