Friday, August 25, 2006

Traffic Jam ~ Country style

Well folks, this is the ultimate traffic jam this time of year near our home. No cars on a 90km stretch of country road but me, and one other motorbike driving towards me from the other direction. Slowing down to a snail’s pace, the farmer’s tractor with his hay booty took up much of the road, leaving us in a lurch, until he could veer over towards the edge of the road, just enough to pass him.

NO honk, honk, beep, beep on these roads here!

Being that most farmers are cash croppers, this farmer wasn’t from the general locale, so he has to haul his goods a bit of a distance. I think though, most folks around here don’t mind much at all. I on the other hand, just happen to have my handy dandy camera, loving taking a snap at whatever might interest me during my days on the road.

Passing the tractor, a scenic picture taken from the outer rearview mirror.