Saturday, February 28, 2009

SWEET Sunshine Deliveries!!

SWEET
Sunshine Deliveries!



According to our teens I fetched the mail from our postbox a day late today. They always seem to begin to grumble or get after me if I choose to skip a day or two, driving out to get our rural mail delivery awaiting us at the post office in a small town nearby.

Without another option to obtain regular postal service nearer to our new home, driving is necessary, that is unless our grass cutter tractor machine could get us there when better weather conditions arrive. (wink)

Why drive daily when I don't have to? All the more reason they say for them to get their own driver's licenses because "mail time" is their favorite time of day around here! It has become the largest "mother faux pas" when this mother doesn't want to run on out by the noon hour to appease their curiosities. Honestly though - how can I blame them, without friends or family nearby. A piece of mail makes our days brighter, sunnier, and filled with sweetness like nothing else the past few months.

Living in Ontario does seem to have its perks and one of them (for the teen's sake, laugh) is knowing our postal offices are still open on Saturday morning in this province. Joining us this morning was of course our "chief mail fetcher", our youngest daughter who willingly volunteers to run with the keys to see who could be sending us some sweet loving, or who might only be looking for a payment with the typical monthly bills waiting there. LOL With an eagle eye, she seems to segregate the mail well in a jiffy even before arriving the few steps back to the vehicle, and/or confidently entering the post office on her own if a package alert notice arrives. The ladies in the office have remarked about her often to me, little miss sunshine making their day with brief visits where confidence oozes and an infectious smile is left behind in her quake.

Happily - I wish to report there were many loving bits of mail awaiting us all today, plenty of sweet loving in fact with grandbabes sending their special loving thoughtfulness via notes and drawings, something for everyone and even something from their mommy for me too. :-) (Thank you Therese)

I will always treasure my special deliveries from our little ones, always. They mean so much to me! Take a looksy, these were mine today;

Thank you so much for making my day dear grandbabes!
Love and hugs to you my sweets!

I was also very surprised to find a brown bubble envelope package addressed to me, wondering what it could be. Was I expecting something? Had I ordered something and lost track of its arrival? Opening it up shortly afterward filled me with warm sweet sunshine which sent me beaming and bursting with a grateful heart from my insides out! I was so tremendously touched in a deep heartfelt way after realizing that it was something from my friend Donna, a dear sweet (SWEET!) woman!

What a perfect blessing this gift is for me right now Donna, with such incredibly perfect timing attached to it. I was very touched with your choice of ;"In conversations with God", the Lenten and Eastertide daily meditations book because I know without a doubt, it will be of valuable assistance this Lent to offer me that well needed "fill" upon my soul with all its heavenly encouragement. Thank you so much friend, I have much gratitude to offer back to you and have obtained much (sweet sunshine) from you today with this surprise package. Thank you so much!

And here is today's readings from this perfect book!

On Donna's website she hosts this quote on friendship;

“Oh, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pour them all out, as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.”

Dinah Mulock Craik


And what a friend Donna truly is!
I am so thankful to have her in my life!