Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Middle-aged Artistry


Above all else: go out with a sense of humor.
It is needed armor.

Joy in one's heart and some laughter
on one's lips
is a sign
that the person down deep
has
a pretty good grasp of life.

~Hugh Sidey



I am a middle aged artist. I am woman. :)

My personal artistry includes the use of paint brushes, very wide paint brushes for I have much area to cover.


My paint brushes look like this;


And this....



During these winter days upon us, my colors of choice are a number 5 (medium brown) mixed with a 4 (chestnut brown) to create a blended version of about 4 1/2 - medium to chestnut brown. This artistic blend has become my natural preference these days for my color palette, my natural colors.


Oh yes, there are no pastel highlights at present, just dark with natural hues gleaming in the light.

I am a messy artist so I am sure to don myself with protective gear, just in case I spill, slop, smear or plop.


I am an artist these days and practice my craft well, more often than I used to. For I've been told *those things* I paint have been acquired through great trials, wisdom moments while in the thick of one's life, the ones a mother's heart knows well, feels deeply, and often finds herself falling on her knees from.

I am woman. I hope. I pray. I am an artist. I like to paint, to feel fresh and new again even if I make a mess at home during winter. :)

Are you an artist like me?


Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place.

~Mark Twain


A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road.

~Henry Ward Beecher


(snicker, snicker, snicker)

Thanks for allowing me to share my silly sense of humor with you. Laughing to me is like a balm for any weary soul. I need a good laugh, and often. How about you?

Why not share some laughs with me. Why not? Let's laugh and giggle like young girls standing round together - be it through private email or comment form on this post.