Monday, March 16, 2009

Early morning pleasures *revised*

Early Morning Pleasures
(*revised*)


The children were all aghast when I showed them the last "Early morning pleasures" post, the one with the heart mug holding my morning cup of (ahem, ahem) coffee. :-) The reason they weren't pleased was because (they said) I was out of sync with the time of year and of all things I had the wrong (!) mug before me with my sweet morning cuppa!

Actually, I consume my morning cup of coffee well, and dearly miss the special coffees (lattes mostly) that I opted to give up for Lent. Man, oh man, I miss my little ritualistic-frothy-topped coffees on special days, my simplistic ritual if you want to call it that. Soon, soon, soon....

Here, revised is the new photos just because they said so......grin.


and on the eve of St. Patrick's feast day, we will be spending time tomorrow honoring this man of God, watching our video about his life, doing some crafts while eating our Irish soda bread, and wearing green.


St. Patrick's Feast Day
March 17, 2008

...are you ready?

Stickers, paper plates, napkins....check!


Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.

Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, and in danger
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.